Baseball Evaluations - 2024 Spring Season
All players registered to play in KNLL Baseball Divisions AAA, Coast, or Majors must attend a player evaluation prior to our season.
This includes advanced 8-year-old players registered for AA but intending to evaluate to play in our AAA division.
Players registered for Intermediates, Juniors, or Seniors baseball divisions do not need to attend this evaluation. Evaluations for these levels may be held at a later time & different location or may not be required.
Please see below for the detailed schedule on when to arrive and what to bring. Also, as a reminder, all players must be registered for our upcoming season prior to participating in KNLL evaluations.
Date: February 4, 2024
Location: The Natural Ballplayer - 13424 NE 126th Pl, Kirkland, WA 98034
Times: Arrive at time specified for league level and last name as follows:
8:30am – Last name A-F
8:45am – Last name G-O
9:00am – Last name P-Z
9:30am – Last name A-F
9:45am – Last name G-O
10:00am – Last name P-Z
10:30am – Last name A-F
10:45am – Last name G-O
11:00am – Last name P-Z
Please arrive promptly at check-in time. Players will be given a baseball with an evaluation number.
The evaluations have been divided by last name in an effort to strive for an efficient flow and reduce the wait time between evaluation stations. Please wait in your car until your allotted time slot before check-in. We have staggered the player time slots to try and ensure that we don't exceed the number of persons in the EL1 facility at one time.
What to Wear and Bring:
- Baseball Glove
- Wearing a Protective Cup!
- Baseball Pants and/or Athletic Pants (e.g., sweats)
- Tennis Shoes or Turf Shoes – facility is indoors with field turf
- Batting Gloves, if desired
- Batting Helmet and Bat - if player has their own.
If your player does not have their own helmet, KNLL can issue a loaner at evaluations.
We will also have bats available for use.
We will not be evaluating catchers.
What to Expect at the Evaluations:
- Players check in.
- We give each player a ball with a number to take with them through evaluations. Players can keep this ball at the conclusion of their evaluation.
- Take personal gear with them to each station.
- Parents will be asked to exit after check-in and wait for player to complete evaluation.
- Proceed to first evaluation station (Hitting).
- Rotate through each station (warm-up arms, pitching, running, fielding).
- Player exits with gear (North End of Facility).
- Target time for each player ~15 minutes.
For the Parents:
- Please assist player with check-in (if needed) then wait outside or in your car until player is done with their evaluation.
- The players may be under a great deal of self-imposed pressure to perform – Please do not add to it! This is not a try-out to make a team; we evaluate players to build teams of parity.
- Please do not coach or interfere with evaluations in any way.
- Please help us maintain a safe environment by waiting outside of the facility, including any other children not participating in the evaluations.
What if my child is unavailable / sick / injured and cannot attend any of the evaluation sessions?
Please contact the Player Agent of Baseball – Josh King, email@example.com.