Baseball Evaluations - 2021 Spring Season
All players registered to play in KNLL Baseball Divisions AAA, Coast, or Majors must attend a player evaluation prior to our season.
This includes advanced 8 year old players registered for AA, but intending to evaluate to play in our AAA division.
Players registered for Intermediates, Juniors, or Seniors baseball divisions do not need to attend this evaluation. Evaluations for these levels may be held at a later time & different location or may not be required.
Please see below for the detailed schedule on when to arrive and what to bring. Also, as a reminder, all players must be registered for our upcoming season prior to participating in KNLL evaluations.
Date: February 20th, 2021
Location: EL1 Sports - 14220 NE 193rd Place, Woodinville WA 98072
Times: 5:30 - 8:30pm (Arrive at Time Specified for Last Name Initial)
5:30 - W,X,Y,Z
5:45 - T,U,V
6:00 - R,S
6:15 - P,R
6:30 - N,O
6:45 - K,L,M
7:00 - H,I,J
7:15 - F,G
7:30 - C,D,E
7:45 - A,B
Please arrive promptly at check-in time. Players will be given a baseball with a evaluation number.
The evaluations have been divided by last name in an effort to strive for an efficient flow and reduce the wait time between evaluation stations. Please wait in your car until your allotted time slot before check-in. We have staggered the player time slots to try and ensure that we don't exceed the number of persons in the EL1 facility at one time.
What to Wear and Bring:
- Covid Face Covering - mask must be worn within the facility.
- Baseball Glove
- Wearing a Protective Cup!
- Baseball Pants and/or Athletic Pants (e.g. sweats)
- Tennis Shoes or Turf Shoes – facility is indoors with field turf
- Batting Gloves, if desired
- Batting Helmet and Bat - if player has their own.
If your player does not have their own helmet, KNLL can issue a loaner at evaluations.
We will also have bats available for use and we will sanitize the bats between use.
We will not be evaluating catchers.
What to Expect at the Evaluations:
- Players check-in (North End of Facility)
- Answer COVID-19 screening questions
- We give each player a ball with a number to take with them through evaluations
- Take personal gear with them to each station
- Parents will be asked to exit after check-in and wait for player to complete evaluation
- Proceed to first evaluation station (Running)
- Rotate through each station (warm-up arms, pitching, fielding, hitting)
- Player exits with gear (South End of Facility)
- Target time for each player ~15 minutes
For the Parents:
- Please assist player with check-in (if needed) then wait outside or in your car until player is done with their evaluation.
- Parents shall wear a facemask during check-in and/or while outside the facility as social distancing may not be possible.
- The players may be under a great deal of self-imposed pressure to perform – Please do not add to it! This is not a try-out to make a team; we evaluate players to build teams of parity.
- Please do not coach or interfere with evaluations in any way.
- Please help us maintain a safe environment by waiting outside of the facility, including any other children not participating in the evaluations.
What if my child is unavailable / sick / injured and cannot attend any of the evaluation sessions?
Please contact the Player Agent of Baseball (Upper Levels) – Chris Adams