Manager or Coach: What's the Difference?
Little League relies on volunteer Managers and Coaches every season. Before volunteering for one of these positions, it's important to know the difference between each role. Here is the quick synopsis pulled from the Managers and Coaches Information Meeting Presentation.
- Approved by the Board, selected for team assignment by the Division Director
- Single point of accountability and contact with KNLL for the team
- Leader and Administrator of the team
- Responsible for safety, attendance, parent communications, rescheduling games, and player development and decorum
- Approved by the Board, selected for team assignment by a Manager
- Supports the Manager with any team or coaching task at the direction of the Manager
Both positions are needed for the optimal operation of the League. KNLL looks to the Manager to run the team within the Little League Official Rules and the KNLL Local Rules and be accountable when issues arise.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your program's VP or Division Director.